I am able to shutdown other's listener

From: SA <sadenwala_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2002 10:06:38 -0800

RDBMS: 8.1.7 and 8.1.6,
OS: Sun Sparc

We have a multi-oracle software owner arrangement on our test environment. On one SUN machine (domain), there are two unix ids: oracle and oracle2 who have their own ORACLE_HOME and their own installation of oracle software. These two ids also have their own listerner (oracle id has the default LISTENER and oracle2 has ORA2_LISTENER).
Both ids have their TNS_ADMIN pointed to their own $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directories where listener.ora files have their respective listeners configured.

While logged on as oracle2 if I issue lsnrctl stop LISTENER, I am able to shutdown the LISTENER that was originally started by oracle id. I do not know what I have missed. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 12:06:38 CST