Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:45:47 +0000

Oracle doesn't see this as a way of creating a large market for DBAs. They see this as a way of making money. Oracle is a profit-making corporation.

The solution is not "tests". The solution is to hand someone a CD and a server and say ... install, configure, install an application and tune it. The certification should go to those that can.

Daniel Morgan