Oracle Names with both regional database and chrckpoints files

From: Christophe Cuq <christophe.cuq_at_at.siemens.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:01:51 +0100

Hi happy Oracle Gurus,

Here at work, we are in the process to test Oracle Names for our distant sites in France.

We already have a Onames server which runs on a HP cluster, but installed without a regional database.

Now, we would like to create a regional database to store the information, and the local onames servers will use this database.

However we don't want to install oname databases on distant sites and need this sites can continue to work, even if the WAN is down between them and us.

Then, I have read the docs, search and read a huge amount of docs and forums on Metalink but I could not find the information I need : is it possible to have both regional database and checkpoints files on distant onames servers ?

Thanks a lot by advance,

Regards,

--
CHC
Installer Gnus/Emacs en environnement MS Windows :