Multiple instances on a single database

From: Marco Mapelli <mapellim_at_usa.net>
Date: 28 Oct 2001 12:12:38 -0800

Hello All,

I am trying with no success to start multiple instances using a single physical database.
When I mount the second instance I get and error saying that the database cannot be mounted when in shared mode. Is there a particular option that let multiple mounting of an Oracle 8.1.6 DB (RH Linux 6.1).

Thanks in advance.

Marco Mapelli Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 14:12:38 CST