Re: Which OS is better Win2k or Linux to learn Oracle?

From: Thomas Ruschival <t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:42:26 +0200

I must admit that the OS doesn´t play a role in 'learning Oracle'. At work we use Oracle 8.1.6 on WinNT 4.0 at home I just installed it on Linux (SuSE 7.2) and I had once an installation on a customers Sun Solaris8 Sparc, it is no real difference. . For installation you have to read the respective hints and README files.
It is all the same the installer looks even the same (thanks to Java).The only advise I can give you is "read the readme BEFORE installation !" I didn't do that and had to do the procedure another time....... When you use Oracle you don't have to know what OS is behind your server they act all the same, thats great.

have fun
Thomas