Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:59:45 GMT

I had no problems at all installing oracle on NT4, or 2000, from versions 7.3.3 up to 8.1.7, and 9i if I get time this week. And I am still a newbie with oracle, relatively speaking.

As far as your management server not starting up, check your services to see if its running, and make sure its on auto start. Up till now I didnt like the OEM, it is slow and clunky, but I am using it more and more, to the point now that it e-mails my cellphone when I have an node or database outage, full tablespace, out of extents etc... and it works great for that.

HTH Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 16:59:45 CDT