RAID5 - ORACLE

From: 212.253.3.43 <[hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2001 13:21:18 GMT

Hi Oracle gurus,

I have a question about Raid systems. I am an Informix dba and due to some reasons ý dont use raid5  with database server. Currently i am inside a project with oracle and the customer wants to use Raid5 . The os is nt. I wonder whether this is a good thing or not. Based on my previous experiences with Informix , i am strongly against using Raid5 but i dont know the situation with Oracle.

I will be appreciated if you can comment about this.

Kind Regards,
hope

Poster's IP address: 212.253.3.43
Posted via http://nodevice.com
Linux Programmer's Site Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 08:21:18 CDT