Re: RAID5 - ORACLE

From: George Dau <gedau_at_munged.to.reduce.spam>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:07:46 GMT

212.253.3.43 [hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com] wrote:

]I have a question about Raid systems. I am an Informix dba and due to some reasons ý dont use raid5
] with database server.

RAID 5 is slower than basically anything else. That is the only reason people say not to use it. If the speed is Ok, then you can enjoy the cost benifits of using RAID 5, but be sure to bench mark and get sign-off that the performance is Ok with RAID 5.

I've used RAID 5 with Oracle and we decided that RAID 5 was the way to go because is was fast enough, and we needed the cost savings. Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 19:07:46 CDT