Re: RAID5 - ORACLE

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:50:13 +0100

hi

i have experience of two identical oracle databases on same server, different disks, one RAID 1 and one RAID 5. the raid 5 was 25% ish slower in performance, it will work, gives slightly better resilience but would not advise. we were able to improve the performance by testing different stripe widths in RAID5 on another box and then rebuilding the file system.

cheers

Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

In article <9m5kce62dgd_at_enews3.newsguy.com>, 212. 253. 3. 43 <?@?.?> writes