Re: 8.1.6 on windows 2000, no odbc?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 21:17:19 -0500

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow wrote:

> This is incorrect. The data source name is simply an alias
> used between the ODBC driver and the calling application. When
> configuring a data source name using the Oracle ODBC driver,
> the field called "server" is where you specify the name
> referenced in the TNSNAMES file.

You are almost correct, but I was incorrect. It is the "service name", not server, field that needs to mirror the tnsnames.ora file.

Actually its so damn simple, I guess the OP probably figured it out as we tried to get this correct.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.