Re: OPS raw devices questions

From: Ronald <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 29 Jul 2001 23:59:28 -0700

Randy Broman <rbroman_at_bayarea.net> wrote in message news:<3B61F62B.A2A4DDE2_at_bayarea.net>...

> from filesystems to raw partitions. [BTW Oracle 9i, which apparently
> removes
> the raw partition requirement, is not an option for other reasons].
Did I miss something ?

> Questions:
> -We're concerned with management of the raw partitions/devices/volumes.
> Is there anything more convenient for growing/changing the Oracle
> tablespaces/datafiles/partitions/devices/volumes on an ongoing basis ...
Use veritas to manage the partitions. It's easy.

Yes you cat. Look for a nice script at http://ronr.nl/unix-dba there is a backup script that does exactly this, for oracle 7 - 9, tested on Solaris and AIX, ops and single instance databases.

> -What about migrating the database from the existing (filesystem) to new
>
> (raw) environment. Is there any way easier than exporting and
> re-importing at the Oracle level?

Yes, look at the backup script I mentioned.

Ronald. Received on Mon Jul 30 2001 - 01:59:28 CDT