Can RMAN resize a datafile during a duplicate or recovery operation?

From: DBA <as1543_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2001 13:37:12 -0700

Production database has two 30Gb O/S files, but only about 5Gb of data at this time.
Test machine does not have enough space to hold a duplicate database. To test my RMAN backup procedure, I would like to recover to the test machine, and ask RMAN to resize the original datafile to something smaller. RMAN allows you to rename a datafile with SET NEWNAME. Is there something similar for O/S file size?
Does this functionality exist?
Thanks Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 15:37:12 CDT