Re: SVRMGR on the way out?

From: Alanoly J. Andrews <alanolya_at_invera.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2001 07:18:23 -0700

"David Van Zandt" <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net> wrote in message news:<5kG47.414$uD5.226417_at_news1.iquest.net>...
> I cannot vouch for your sources nor interpretation. Nor can I see what this
> complaint is meant to accomplish.
> However, I have a hunch that if you re-read the release notes from OTN,
> IOUG, or METALINK, you may find the replacement syntax to be "connect sys as
> sysdba". Again, just a hunch.
>
> Hope this helps in some way....

No...unfortunately it does not!

If YOU re-read my post (and the other responses to my post) you will probably understand that I was not in fact in ignorance of the replacement syntax for "connect internal". Just that the replacement does not work in all circumstances  (at least in 8.1.6).

Alanoly. Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 09:18:23 CDT