BMC Patrol vs. Quest I/Watch

From: Vikas Agnihotri <fornewsgroups_at_vikas.mailshell.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2001 19:08:06 -0700

We are currently in trying to decide between Quest I/Watch and BMC Patrol to pro-actively monitor our production databases, generate alerts, pages, enable drill-down to offensive SQL, locking sessions, etc. The usual stuff.

Both BMC Patrol's Oracle Availability Suite and Quest's I/Watch, Spotlight and SQL Vision look pretty good.

Any pros/cons? If anyone out there has taken the plunge with one of these, what was the deciding factor? How is it working out?

In general, who is the market leader in 24x7 database monitoring tools? Does anyone know which is the software of choice for some of the most mission-critical, 24x7, 99.9999% uptime large enterprise databases out there?

Thanks Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 21:08:06 CDT