Re: BMC Patrol vs. Quest I/Watch

From: Mathew <sheemat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2001 06:31:37 -0700

I have no clue about BMC Patrol...Few weeks back I was comparing OEM ,Quest Iwatch and Embarcedaro Paerformance Center.(We had a feeling that
BMC product was too expensive for us...)

Quest product looked very complex , and very non-intutive....Also if I remember
correctly there was a need a to install a listner on the actual server to be
monitored., and we didnt want to do that.

I personally liked Embarcedaro performance center.It has the dream architecture I wanted.But then it had few rigid features and was not easily extendable...
Still it was better than anything I have seen ,and was very intutive and damn
cheap too....

OEM. The agent which reside in the database server (8.0.5) have a memory leak... Not sure what to do with it...It was never able to alert me correctly on the database problems and seemed very expensive...