Workstation compatibility

From: Dave <itsnotimportant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:12:01 GMT

Dear NG,

I will be running Oracle8i database on a Sun server running Solaris (not sure which server yet, still shopping around). The current network in the office is a Win98SE one, with about 20 users. Will I be able to run the forms/reports that I create on these Win98 computers (only a select few)? What are the necessary requirements?

Also, Oracle 9iAS needs to be installed. Would I have to install this on each of the computers that run the forms/reports, or is it possible to install it on the Solaris server, and have the Win98 machines' forms/reports work through the network? (Sorry if this isn't very clear, I'm still somewhat foggy on the understanding of the interaction of the 3-tiers...database, AS, and forms/reports).

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions you can give.

Dave Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 13:12:01 CST