Re: Workstation compatibility

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:27:55 GMT

Yes, 6i with patchset 1 is certified on Solaris. You can run the same forms and reports that you developed on Windows. The forms will need to be recompiled. If you use REP files, you'll need to recompile those as well, but RDF files can be run as is.
Unless you're running over the web or want to run through the browser, you won't need ias (even then, you can use any web server). If you do install the server, it needs to be on only one server (well, maybe more depending on how you're scaling it).

John Alexander
www.summitsoftwaredesign.com/articles.html St. Petersburg, FL