Re: CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME and MAXLOGHISTORY

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:12:09 +1100

Only that you learn something new every day!

What version is this again, Brian (my BRAIN_RECORD_KEEP_TIME is significantly under 21 days!!)?

I had heard (months ago) that maxdatafiles was variable in 8i, but fixed in earlier versions. It would certainly seem that maxloghistory is experiencing the same effect -but, as I say, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is 8i-specific behaviour. I can't test that, having no 7 databases to hand... but if you've got 8.0, that will do to dismiss this line of thought. I'll give in gracefully!

Regards
HJR "Brian Peasland" <peasland_at_usgs.gov> wrote in message news:3A8819C9.3C078DD6_at_usgs.gov...
> This is not a question, but rather a followup to a previous thread.
> Sometime ago, Howard J Rogers and Jonathan Lewis responded to a thread
> concerning the CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME init.ora parameter and the
> MAXLOGHISTORY parameter in the control file (issued at database
> creation). The following is an excerpt from that thread:

 <3A6EF404.6D5991CB_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>...