Re: archive logs

From: Jason Seeley <me_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:47:54 +1300

Just another question regarding archive logs

If I do a full backup of the database each night, after shutting it down first. Do I need to keep backups of the archive logs before yesterdays?

If a disaster were to happen during the day, surely the only archive logs needed would be from today?

Am I correct in my assumtion or am I missing something?

Jason

Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:96tf1u$pen$1_at_soap.pipex.net...
> You can recover from your last good backup until the first gap in your
> archived redo logs. This means
>
> either doing a recover until time, or doing recover until cancel - if you
> don't know how many archived logs you actually have.
>
> This is documented in the documentation under the title Incomplete
 Recovery.