Re: archive logs

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:57:16 -0000

You can recover from your last good backup until the first gap in your archived redo logs. This means

either doing a recover until time, or doing recover until cancel - if you don't know how many archived logs you actually have.

This is documented in the documentation under the title Incomplete Recovery. I strongly suggest if you actually need to do this that you read carefully through this documentation. As Howard Rogers is fond of saying this is exactly the reason for the introduction for 5 way multiplexing of archived logs in 8i. A good DBA *should* never lose an archived redo log. (I bet we all have though <g>).

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA