Mixed raw and Ufs partitions

From: Dirk Kiehne <dirk_at_liberate.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:12:20 GMT

A question for the experts,

I have a development environment:

	Solaris 8
	Oracle 8.1.7
	Our servers interacting with Oracle
	Two internal SCSI HDs (4.2G and 9.0G)

I'm considering switching my Boot Drive (4.2G) to the (9.0G) and installing Oracle on the (4.2G) with Oracle running in raw partions.

From my experience installing OPS into Veritas logical volumes on another machine, I would need 13 partitions:

	system
	user
	temp
	rbs
	indx
	tools
	drsys
	control1
	control2
	redo1_1
	redo2_2
	redo2_1
	redo2_2

but I have only potentially 11 available:

 4 on the "new" (9.0G): after using /, swap, backup and /liberate  7 on the (4.2G): after using backup

Could someone recommend which HD I should put them on and which could reside on Ufs without affecting performance??

Thanks in advance,
-Dirk Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 16:12:20 CST