Re: Mixed raw and Ufs partitions

From: Dirk Kiehne <dirk_at_liberate.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:28:29 GMT

I do have Veritas, but unfortunately not for this system, hence the "plain" raw partition idea. I don't see too much of a loss in flexibility, since the 4.2G drive would be dedicated to Oracle and the 9.0G is more than enough for everything else.

I planned to allocate more than enough for every partition, and since my system is not too heavily used, I didn't forsee much of a problem.

I guess, from what I've read here the goal is to put the small redo logs on separate drives, so that the switching will be optimized.

Thanks for the response.

-Dirk