Re: Mixed raw and Ufs partitions

From: <scar_the_cat_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:50:59 GMT

Agreed. The Veritas people claim that using their Journaling File system in fast I/O mode works as well as raw I/O. Some of those tablespaces can be combined on the same disk anyway. The DBA guide talks about different scenarios depending on how the DB is used. You typically want as many spindles on different controllers for ultimate performance anyway. 2 disks won't do for this exercise!!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 21:50:59 CST