Problem when starting up database instance

From: Markus Böhmer <markus.boehmer_at_schaefer-shop.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:44:21 +0100

Hello,

we are running an Oracle 8.1.5 database on a Sun Ultra Enterprise 250. After a normal shutdown of the database, and a normal reboot of the Enterprise we can't get the Oracle Database back to work again.

I'll give you our attempts on bringing the database to work and the errormessages.

I think that something with the networkconfiguration is wrong, but I don't know what it could be.

I hope, that someone is abl e to help.

Greetings
Markus

Here are the error messages:

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                         35052944 bytes
Fixed Size                                          64912 bytes
Variable Size                                    18030592 bytes
Database Buffers                                 16777216 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       180224 bytes
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup nomount
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                         35052944 bytes
Fixed Size                                          64912 bytes
Variable Size                                    18030592 bytes
Database Buffers                                 16777216 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       180224 bytes
SVRMGR> mount dbnm
     2> ;

mount dbnm
*
ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
--

Markus Boehmer
Systemadministrator & Datenbankentwickler