Re: Problem when starting up database instance

From: Luggy <dave_at_oracle-consultant.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:08:47 GMT

Hi Markus,

Believe it or not this error can occur when your alert<sid>.log is larger than 2GB, even if you have large file support enabled.

If the alert<sid>.log really is 2GB or bigger, rename/delete it and try again.

Hope this helps,

Dave Henderson.

--
Any opinions expressed in the above posting are entirely factual and obj
Please do not argue with me, as my Dad is bigger than your Dad.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.