Re: Problem when starting up database instance

From: Markus Böhmer <markus.boehmer_at_schaefer-shop.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:00:00 +0100

Markus B hmer wrote:

> Hello,
>

> we are running an Oracle 8.1.5 database on a Sun Ultra Enterprise 250.
> After a normal shutdown of the database, and a normal reboot of the
> Enterprise we can't get the Oracle Database back to work again.

Ok, I have an Add-On to the error report.

If I create virtual IP Interfaces during boot-time, then the Database won't start.
now, if I delete this Interfaces, start the database and then run a script to create the interfaces everything works fine. The Interfaces are created with the /etc/hostname.hme0:# files. This is solaris specific.
Now, if these interfaces exist when the database starts, oracle terminates with the given errors.

Hope this will help.

regards Markus

--

Markus Boehmer
Systemadministrator & Datenbankentwickler