Re: Supported Versions

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:18:45 -0000

The Oracle MetaLink site http://metalink.oracle.com has the answer to these questions (support matrices).You will need to register and for that you'll need a CSI so I'm talking myself out of it now .....

Could you not ask your clients for their CSI so you can register on their behalf ?

I'd suggest doing you a copy of the matrix and e-mailing you, but for all platforms and products it could get a little large :-/

NeilC.

Jill Proffitt wrote in message ...
>I have a seemingly simple question, but I can't see to find the answer.
>Maybe I am not looking in the right place..
>
>How do you find out the oldest supported release of an Oracle product? And
>then, how do you find out how much longer that release will be supported?
>
>For example, I have a client that is running Oracle 7.3.4. I need to know
>if Oracle has put a Support Dropped date on that release and if so, what is
>it?
>
>I am a consultant and I have clients who call in with Oracle questions and
>this is one of them. I can't call Oracle Support 'cause I don't have a
CSI.