E-mail into an Oracle Database

From: Jon Tilbury <jon.tilbury_at_tessella.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:36:51 -0000

Hi,

we are trying to email into and out of an Oracle 8i server. We need to be able to receive e-mails into a procedure, read them, save parts of the message in the database, compose a reply based on the contents of the database, and send it on other users. We don't want to have to use any special client software, just software on the RDBMS server.

We can't be the first to try to do this. Anyone any suggestions?

Jon Tilbury Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 10:36:51 CST