Re: E-mail into an Oracle Database

From: Mark Wagner <mark_at_cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:39:28 -0700

Jon Tilbury wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are trying to email into and out of an Oracle 8i server. We need to be
> able to receive e-mails into a procedure, read them, save parts of the
> message in the database, compose a reply based on the contents of the
> database, and send it on other users. We don't want to have to use any
> special client software, just software on the RDBMS server.
>
> We can't be the first to try to do this. Anyone any suggestions?
>
> Jon Tilbury

Probably the easiest way to do this (depending on your OS ) is to have the email
piped or forwarded to a Perl script that will parse it and put it into the database
Then Query the database for what ever content you want build an email and send it....

There is an example of a perl script on my website that querys the database for info
then sends email based on that.

check out www.oralinux.org

Mark

--

Mark Wagner - Cyber Trails                     Phone - (602)906-1751
Oracle DBA / Systems Administrator             Pager - (602)521-4280