Re: newbie ? about deletion of logs

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:24:38 +0100

There is no way, at least not if you are not using RMAN, and I don't know enough of RMAN to say whether RMAN is dealing with this issue. If you use cold backup you can safely delete all logs after a (stress!!) successful(ly verified) backup.
If you are not using any third party sw and are using hot backup, there is a script in the Oracle 8 DBA Handbook dealing with deleting archivelogs after hot backup.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA