low-latency multi-master replication reliability?

From: <cord_at_ragesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 22:15:11 GMT

Can y'all give me any ideas of the reliability of Oracle8i's multi-master replication when the latency is cranked as low as possible?

I need to have two (or more) databases in which all changes are replicated as close to realtime as possible. I set up a similar system a few years back and it was horribly unreliable. Of course, that was on Oracle 7.3, so things have hopefully improved dramatically since then.

Also, does anybody have any experience with Shareplex from Quest? Is it better or worse than Oracle8i EE for fast replication?

Robert Cordingley

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 16:15:11 CST