Re: Changing SID at listener level

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:53:11 GMT

Hi,

you can have separate tnsnames files for each database on a central network drive.

there is an environment variable (TNS_????) that clients use to find their tnsnames file. then it is a matter of changing /etc/profile to have all users switched to the other db with the next logon. On NT you would have to modify users logon scripts.

Or just use one tnsnames and edit that for each switch.

Karsten

In article <81mdj2$io5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Kevin Kubek <kkubek_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> We have two databases that we switch each month, and I'd like a single
> client TNSNAMES entry that points to the correct DB.
>
> Server:
> DB1
> DB2
>
> On the client, I want TNSNAMES entry "CURRENTDB" to point to DB1 for a
> month and then point to DB2 the next month.
>
> Any thoughts on how to do this.
>
> Oracle 8.0.4
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 03:53:11 CST