Re: SOS: URGENTLY SEEKING HELP

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:42:42 GMT

Hi,
 you can use sql*plus exactly the same way on windows and unix.  create user ....
 create or replace trigger ... etc works fine.

 your sql-plus scrips from unix should work as well (apart from host commands).

 there is also a gui for administrative tasks (Oracle enterprise manager) - you need to install that.

 to create a database, either use your scripts from unix, or run oracle  instance manager (oradim73 or so...)

Karsten

In article <81jqgq$c3d1_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>,   "Ah So" <cwso7_at_netscape.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> l have some experience in Oracle on Unix. But, l am new to the
environment
> of oracle on NT
> After installing oracle 7.3.4 on NT, l found there are many tools
under
> Oracle
> program group. But it seems that none of them let me to administer and
> manage (e.g create DB, create table, compile stored procedure or
trigger)
> the Database as the SQL server's Enterprise manager does.
> Does oracle server really not provide any tools for abovementioned
> operations
> (exclude third-party tool)
>
> So l tried to use SQLPlus* as l did on Unix. But l have no idea about
> how to compile my stored procedure and trigger.
> May someone introduce me some basic skills of Oracle on window NT ???
>
> 1) How to compile a trigger / stored procedure using SQLPlus* or other
> free tools installed along with Oracle server.
> 2) How can l create a DATABASE and a USER ACCOUNT using SQLPlus* or
other
> free tools installed along with Oracle server.
> 3) How can l write a script which kick off the stored procedure in
Oracle
> DB.
>
> If convenient, please also send your reply to cwso7_at_netscape.net
>
> Your help is highly appreciated and Thanks a lot
>
> regards
> Ah So

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 07:42:42 CST