SOS: URGENTLY SEEKING HELP

From: Ah So <tinyanhk_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:12:32 -0000

Hi

l have some experience in Oracle on Unix. But, l am new to the environment of oracle on NT
After installing oracle 7.3.4 on NT, l found there are many tools under Oracle
program group. But it seems that none of them let me to administer and manage (e.g create DB, create table, compile stored procedure or trigger) the Database as the SQL server's Enterprise manager does. Does oracle server really not provide any tools for abovementioned operations
(exclude third-party tool)

So l tried to use SQLPlus* as l did on Unix. But l have no idea about how to compile my stored procedure and trigger. May someone introduce me some basic skills of Oracle on window NT ???

  1. How to compile a trigger / stored procedure using SQLPlus* or other free tools installed along with Oracle server.
  2. How can l create a DATABASE and a USER ACCOUNT using SQLPlus* or other free tools installed along with Oracle server.
  3. How can l write a script which kick off the stored procedure in Oracle DB.

If convenient, please also send your reply to cwso7_at_netscape.net

Your help is highly appreciated and Thanks a lot

regards
Ah So Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 19:12:32 CST