Is this replication?

From: Kenny <karosenb_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:14:03 -0400

Hey Everyone,

Oracle Version 8.1.5
Sun Solaris 2.6
Production DB size 2GIG and growing rapidly

I have been asked to replicate our production database every night into our QA database. I wasnt sure the best way to go about this. Here is my simple plan, can some of you give me advs/disadvs of the idea.

Production is in archivelog mode. I plan to create the QA database architecture very similarly, tables, views, indexes, etc...but this QA db will be in a constant state of recovery, always applying productions archivelogs....

This seems like a simple plan, but is there any information in the archivelogs that specifies db_name or anything like that. I guess my question is, can I apply redo logs to a different database that the one they originally came from?

THanks in advance
-Kenny Received on Thu Oct 14 1999 - 16:14:03 CDT