Re: Connect problems to Oracle 8i

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:49:55 -0400

You can use the lower versions of the client software to talk to NET8 on the server. Perhaps your tnsnames.ora file is using a host name rather than the ip address you used when you pinged and tnspinged? Is the host name correct? Have you checked the parameters in your listener.ora and sqlnet.ora files as well?

Van