Hot backup, total recover?mlml

From: Michel Lee <ae299_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 29 Aug 1999 22:32:05 GMT

Hi,

I am starting to plan a hot backup scheme.

After reading books, I will turn achivemode ON and I will do this eavery day:

-online backup datafiles for all my tablespaces (SYSTEM,RBS,TEMP, etc etc)
-online backup the controlfile
-backup archived redo log
-backup parameter files like initSID.ora etc
(Note: that the dont say backup OnlineRedoLogs)

Now what do I do if all files gets lost. Ie. datafiles, controlfile,OnlineRedoLogs,archived redo log

    gets lost or corrupted.

If I restore all the hot backed up files, How do I recreate the OnlineRedoLogs ? (its not backed up)

regards,
Mike
--

   /             www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ae299        /---\  \  \ \\   \   \