Re: Snapshot: what happens if one computer is inactive?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:59:07 +0200

Hi Nicolas,
Snapshots are being processed by dbms_job calls. This means the job will be resubmitted automatically if it fails.
This process will repeat itself 16 times, after that the job is considered broken. If the source site is down, the snapshot refresh will fail of course. You could always refresh the snapshots manually by running dbms_snapshot.refresh_all.
You could restart the job by issuing
dbms_job.broken(<job number>, false, sysdate)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA