Re: Citrix MetaFrame and oracle

From: Puneet Khanna <khannapk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:15:55 -0400

Yes, i had Installed Citrix winframe a year ago. We used oracle financial apps. 10.7 smart client
It transfers only the screen frames, keyboard and mouse movements over the network. All the processing is done on the winframe (NT 3.51) or metaframe (NT 4.0) server.
The performance is great even on 9600baud modems. It takes a while to connect (maybe 2-5 min.) but when it is connected it is very fast. There are two ways of connecting-
1. Give access to NT server as a whole. (better for remote administration) 2. Only to a specific application.
It is a very good for remote access for leased lines, VSAT, ISDN and dial-up.
My customer was happy with it.
No problems reported yet.