Re: memory process use is 10M is that normal?mlml

From: Michel Lee <ae299_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 22 Jul 1999 12:44:29 GMT

 (markp7832_at_my-deja.com) writes:
> In article <379591b1.8033000_at_news.cis.dfn.de>,
> stojentin_at_orgdv.din.de wrote:

>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> please keep in mind that you see the whole memory
>> consumption, regardless if it is shared memory or not.
>> The shadow process for a client (wich keep memory
>> for all connections actually open from this maschine)
>> uses different memory areas in different modes.
>> Maybe you see a lot of shared memory, which counts
>> only once over all processes but can be seen when
>> looking at each of these processes
>>

> Michel, what is the exact Oracle error message you are getting? Out of
> memory errors are often associated with large packages. With version

The error message is from the HPUX os:
This message comes up when trying to run a program that uses oracle on the local server:

Pid 15264 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure. Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space, or stack size exceeded maxssiz.
/usr/visibility/v63/jds/v63ln/menu.sh[25]: 15264 Memory fault(coredump)

Pid 15265 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure. Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space, or stack size exceeded maxssiz.
/usr/visibility/v63/jds/v63ln/menu.sh[25]: 15265 Memory fault(coredump)

Pid 15266 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure. Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space, or stack size exceeded maxssiz.
--

   /             www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ae299        /---\  \  \ \\   \   \
  /             ae299_at_freenet.carleton.ca         /-----\     \ \\-- \-- \--