Populating a ComboBox.

From: Courtney Wright <lili96ilil_at_netzero.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:54:18 -0400

I'm using Developer/2000 Forms Designer 4.5. I am trying to populate a combobox with all of the records in a particular column. To do this, I understand that I have to create a group at run-time, populate it, and then populate the list with the group I made.

DECLARE     RG_Name varchar2(10) := 'WOList';

    RG_ID           RecordGroup;
    ErrNo             Number;

BEGIN     RG_ID := Create_Group_From_Query(RG_Name, 'SELECT WONumber FROM Work_Order');

    ErrNo := Populate_Group(RG_ID);

    Populate_List('WONumber', RG_ID);

End;

Notes:
WONumber is the name of the combobox on the form. It's also the name of the column in the table.
The WONumber column in the table is varchar2(10). This code is in a button using the When_Button_Pressed Trigger.

Here is the code I have so far. It compiles fine but when I try to use it at run-time, I get an error that says it can't create the group. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Courtney Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 07:54:18 CDT