update 7.3.2 to 8.x on NT

From: Vick <vramming_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:37:42 GMT

Hello...
I have an Oracle 7.3.2 database that I need to migrate to version 8. I know that there is a migration option that I can choose when installing 8, but so far when I do that, the database pukes. I've been doing all this in a test situation with a tiny DB only about 1.5 GB. My production database is 42GB, I'm a little concerned!

I have schema owner/user exports with all the grants, inserts and triggers etc, maybe I can export from 7.3.2 and then import into 8.0.5 and not lose data? (some tablespace fragmentation that this should fix?)

Can I change the DB Block size in the new DB and still import the old data? (from 2048 to 8192, to help with performance issues)

Has anyone had good fortune with the migration tool?

Suggestions? Maybe even a good resource book for questions like this? Thanks
Vickie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 14:37:42 CDT