Re: Language choice for high-volume Oracle CGI interface?

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 08:56:00 -0700

Jonathan Stowe wrote:

> I thought the question was about the best way to deal with a high volume of
> traffic on a Web based database application - the fact that the original
> poster had mentioned CGI in his subject shouldnt preclude anyone making
> other suggestions...

Yes - thank you, Jonathan. To clarify my original question - I mentioned CGI because that is the only way that I have handled this type of application in the past. I've used MS SQL Server with WebODBC, FoxPro with FoxWeb and Interbase, and more recently Perl with Win32::ODBC.

I apologize for confusing the issue with my limited knowledge. I'm interested in any suitable solution, whether or not it involves CGI.

Thanks,

Greg McCann Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 10:56:00 CDT