Any recommendations for $2500 server?

From: Helmuth Kristen <hkristen_at_cfa.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:12:56 -0400

Hi there,

I am about to put a scientific (astronomy) database of perhaps a few Gb on the web.
The planned maximum number of concurrent users is around five. The server will
deliver also some java and javascript, but nothing too demanding.

   I plan to use Oracle8i on a windows NT platform. Could anybody recommend
a server machine in the $2500-3000 price range for this? I have had a look at the
HP Kayak machines and would like to hear comments about those in particular.

Best Regards,
Helmuth Kristen
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge MA Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 11:12:56 CDT