Re: Any recommendations for $2500 server?

From: <manager43_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 06:40:25 GMT

Hi,

I'm strongly recommend use the equipment manufactored by SUN Microsystems due to low prices, good policy (refurbushed computers also available) and availability Oracle Server for Sun Solaris (5 users).

Remember - your database wiil be several GB in size.

Vladimir

In article <376E6485.E5AC5728_at_cfa.harvard.edu>,   Helmuth Kristen <hkristen_at_cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am about to put a scientific (astronomy) database of perhaps a few
Gb
> on the web.
> The planned maximum number of concurrent users is around five. The
> server will
> deliver also some java and javascript, but nothing too demanding.
> I plan to use Oracle8i on a windows NT platform. Could anybody
> recommend
> a server machine in the $2500-3000 price range for this? I have had a
> look at the
> HP Kayak machines and would like to hear comments about those in
> particular.
>
> Best Regards,
> Helmuth Kristen
> Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge MA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 01:40:25 CDT