Re: Language choice for high-volume Oracle CGI interface?

From: Jonathan Stowe <gellyfish_at_gellyfish.com>
Date: 20 Jun 1999 21:44:23 -0000

In comp.lang.perl.misc Rene Pijlman <R.Pijlman_at_applinet.nl> wrote:
> abigail_at_delanet.com (Abigail) wrote:

>>You must be years behind in your literature. Apache with mod_perl won't
>>spawn processes.

> The question was about CGI, not mod_perl.

I thought the question was about the best way to deal with a high volume of traffic on a Web based database application - the fact that the original poster had mentioned CGI in his subject shouldnt preclude anyone making other suggestions - if all he had wanted was 'CGI can do that' he would have posted into another bunch of groups altogether.

Apache with mod_perl can emulate the CGI environment and won't spawn (other than those the server would do) processes.

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe <jns_at_gellyfish.com>
Some of your questions answered: