Re: Language choice for high-volume Oracle CGI interface?

From: Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn_at_stonehenge.com>
Date: 21 Jun 1999 08:57:11 -0700

>> Why isn't "Perl" on "the list"?

Lee> Perl was on the list ... to quote the original poster -- "We're
Lee> debating what language to use for the CGI programming.  C++,
Lee> Java, Perl, ...?"

Lee> I was using 'only' in the usual sense. Perl was not designed and Lee> is not used "specifically for CGI programming with database."

And the advantage to using a language that is a subset of another langauge is...?

--
Name: Randal L. Schwartz / Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 Keywords: Perl training, UNIX[tm] consulting, video production, skiing, flying Email: <merlyn_at_stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn_at_teleport.com) Web: My Home Page! Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 10:57:11 CDT