Re: Language choice for high-volume Oracle CGI interface?

From: Lee Fesperman <firstsql_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:22:24 -0700

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Lee> Add to your list of portable CGI languages - Jive
> Lee> (http://www.firstsql.com/jive/), the only one on the list
> Lee> specifically for CGI programming with database.
>
> Huh? Do you use the word "only" in a different sense than most of the
> speakers of the language do?
>
> Why isn't "Perl" on "the list"?

Perl was on the list ... to quote the original poster -- "We're debating what language to use for the CGI programming. C++, Java, Perl, ...?"

I was using 'only' in the usual sense. Perl was not designed and is not used "specifically for CGI programming with database."

--
Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com) Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 02:22:24 CDT