Increase speed of data retrieval

From: Filip Hanik <fhanik_at_digitalworkforce.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:15:11 -0700

Hi,
Our installation of Oracle is super slow. I've been playing around with the parameters and reading tips sent earlier to this news group.
But it is still really slow. We are running Oracle 8.0.5 and Win NT 40. Dual Pentium 350 with 320 Mb RAM.

The databases are running about 20Mb of RAM and 60Mb in virtual memory. What seems really slow is just pulling the data out of the database, especially large binary fields.

My second question, what is the title of the O'Reilly book that is being recommended.

Anything would help, thanks
Filip

--
Filip Hanik