Re: importing into a different tablespace

From: <ganszky_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:43:41 GMT

Hi Tom,

if all Your database objects are from one schema, I think You can use the fromuser=<export schema> touser=<import schema>. If the tablespace from where You have made the export does not exsist on the target database, than You can define the tablespace You want for the objects as the default tablespace of Your import schema.

If the schemas are equal You can omit the above options and use full=y. If You want to create table as described in an older message of this thread, may be You better create an indexfile with the import option indexfile=<file.sql>.

Regards
Ralph

In article <375E6EEF.1588159B_at_net-dept.de>,   Thomas Jork <tj_at_net-dept.de> wrote:
> hi there
>
> i want to make an export from one oracle database and than import the
> tables, constraints, trigger and the data into another oracle database
> on a different computer. the problem is, that the tablespaces on these
> databases have different names. so, how can i induce oracle to to use
> the right tablespaces on the target database.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 12:43:41 CDT